Friday, March 23, 2012



I have not posted forever! I know most people don't follow the blog anymore, but it is still a good place for me to keep a record of how Lauren is doing. Lauren is still seizure free! It has been 18 months since her last seizure! It is so still very hard to celebrate or believe it, always fearing it will return.

We did another overnight EEG at Primary Childrens recently. It was still very abnormal but showed no actual seizures. I guess I was hoping that this long without seizures her EEG might return to normal?! But I am really trying to focus on how she is doing now, which is great. She is still developmentally delayed but making great progress. She is talking so much and doing a lot of things we never thought she would. Overall she is such a joy and blessing in our lives! She is such a happy child! We still have moments where we just stare at her and are so amazed at where she.

6 comments:

Our Journey to Beating Epilepsy said...

I still read your blog!!! So glad she is doing well :) I totally understand how you feel about the EEG...I hope everything continues to work out for her. xoxo

Fawn said...

I subscribe to your blog, so anytime you post, I'll see it. :) Congrats on the milestone!! The longer she gets to go seizure-free, the better chance you have of never seeing another again, so every day things look better. :)

I know how you feel about the EEG, too, but hey, who knows whether YOU have a normal EEG, or Lauren's dad? Apparently, many of us have "abnormal" EEGs, but never have seizures, so the biggest thing is that Lauren is doing so great.

Hurray!!!

The Starbuck Family said...

We love to still check in and read her blog too. So glad that she is doing so great. I love to see a picture of her in that hospital bed with a big smile on her face. 18 months seizure free is definitely something to smile about. Love you guys!

Ben said...

I love to read how well she is doing too! Your video on youtube was my the first time I got to "meet" Lauren and I saw so much of my own son in pieces of that video. We are 3 months seizure free today. Yeah for no seizures!

Jessica said...

I can't believe how much Lauren looks like Megan!!! .. AND that she has been seizure free for over a year! It makes me want to cry, that truly IS a miracle. So happy for you all and for her!!!

feather said...

Its so great that your daughter has been seizure free.Both my hubby and son have epilepsy and its such a difficult disorder to deal with.Wishing you all the best and please keep bloggong